The personal data we collect about you
Personal data collected, used, stored and transferred by us may include:
• Identity Data including forenames, last name, and username or similar identifier
• Contact Data including email address and telephone numbers
• Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices used to access the Property Circle website
• Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our business partners and your communication preferences
How do we collect your personal data?
Personal data is collected by us using the following method:
• Automated technologies or interactions with our website, by using the web enquiry form, processing Identity, Contact, and Technical categories of personal data.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data in the following circumstances and relying on the following lawful basis for processing:
To initially engage with you to discuss your requirements
Type(s) of data
Lawful basis for processing
To administer and protect our business and our Application (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
Identity, Contact, Technical
To comply with a legal obligation Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
Identity, Contact, Marketing & Comms, Technical
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To use data analytics to improve our products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to analyse customer usage, update our website, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes stated above, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and it is compatible with the original purpose. Please contact us for an explanation as to how any new processing is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 2nd Jun 2021. Historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
You will also have the choice to opt-in to receiving other
related marketing information and related products and
You can opt-out of receiving these types of communications at any time by contacting our Compliance team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the relevant link in email communications you receive from us.
However please note that your personal information will not be passed to any third-party organisation for marketing purposes.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to
prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost,
used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or
disclosed. We also limit access to your personal data to
only those Property Circle staff, appointed representatives,
advisers, business partners and suppliers who have a
business need to know. They will only process your personal
data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Sharing of personal data outside of the European Economic Area
Some of our external suppliers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
We may also use specific contracts approved by the European Commission that provide the same level of protection for personal data as it has in the EEA.
How long is your personal data retained?
We only retain your personal data for a maximum of 12 months. After this retention periods if there is no other on-going client relationship your personal data will either be securely deleted or anonymised so that it can be used for statistical purposes but without any method of identifying you individually.
Your legal rights regarding your personal data
You have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal data. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You can also to ask us to delete your personal data where you have successfully objected to the processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to delete the data for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
• Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
• Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you have any questions or complaints relating to how we use your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights regarding your personal data, please contact the Information Security & Data Protection Manager by emailing email@example.com or by writing to us. We will respond to you as soon as possible. The length of time will depend on the type and complexity of the request, but you will receive a response no later than one month from the initial request.
If you are not satisfied with how the Property Circle has responded to your enquiry, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who is the regulator for data protection in the United Kingdom.
© Copyrights 2023 Property Circle All rights reserved. DOX CENTRE LIMITED (11958501)